Laws Web Hosting is the leader of cPanel VPS offers.
We can now offer all our VPS clients a cPanel licences with most of our
VPS hosting packages, if you wish to have cPanel, it is best if it is run with more than
cPanel is a Linux based web hosting control panel that provides a graphical interface and automation
tools designed to simplify the process of hosting a web site. cPanel utilises a 3 tier structure that provides
capabilities for administrators, resellers, and end-user website owners to control the various aspects of
website and server administration through a standard web browser.
In addition to the GUI, cPanel also has command line and API-based access that allows third party software
vendors, web hosting organizations, and developers to automate standard system administration processes. cPanel
is designed to function either as a dedicated server or virtual private server. The latest cPanel version
supports installation on CentOS, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), and CloudLinux.
Application-based support includes Apache, PHP, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Perl, and BIND (DNS). Email based
support includes POP3, IMAP, SMTP services. cPanel is accessed via https on port 2083 (can be changed if
Once installed, cPanel cannot be easily removed. cPanel's FAQ states that the best way to uninstall cPanel
is by reformating the server or VPS. However, uninstall guides are available online for expert server
administrators who do not wish to reformat their server. Similarly, it should only be installed on a freshly
installed operating system with minimal prior configuration.
Our cPanel hosting features includes:
- E-Mail Menu. You can create POP3 accounts, catch-all e-mail addresses, forwarders, mailing lists,
autoresponders, and webmail. Filters allow you to block mail by domain, keyword, and size. Adult Filter
is also available;
- FTP Menu. Create FTP accounts and set directory permissions for each account;
- Account Statistics Menu. You have available every possible statistic about your hosting account;
- Website Statistics. AwStats web statistics are available to provide you will detailed information about
visitors to your web site;
- Subdomains Menu. You can list, create, delete, and get statistics on subdomains;
- File Manager. A user-friendly and fast alternative to FTP. Includes every feature needed to build and
maintain a web site;
- MySQL Databases. Easily create, modify, and delete MySQL databases from this menu;
- phpMyAdmin. Adminster your databases in your web browser using this popular administration interface;
- Site Backup and Restore . By using this powerful tool, you can backup and restore only what you want to.
For example, account data but not web site files;
- Custom Error Pages. Create custom messages and outputs for 401, 403, 404, and 500 error codes;
- Directory Password Protection. Password protect any directory with a username and password;
- Advanced Tools. Install SSL certificates, view server information and installed perl modules, set cron
jobs, mime types, and apache handlers, and enable site redirection and domain pointers;
- Other hosting account features. SpamAssassin, FTP, Mail Server, IMAP support, SSI, PHP, CGI-Bin,
SSL Certificates, .htaccess support;
- Use Installatron to install popular web
scripts easy with a touch of a button.
If you would like cPanel for your VPS, you need to consider these requirements:
- Operating System: N/A;
- Hardware: Highly recommend a processor of at least 266mhz even though cPanel will run on slower systems.
A minimum 1 Gigabyte of memory is required, with at least 2 gig of swap memory.
A hard drive with at least 2 gigabytes of free space (after the Linux install) is also required. If you are
expecting high traffic levels then you will need more memory, processor power, and hard drive space than we
- Software: Please ensure SSH is installed and working. Please ensure named (Name Daemon) is selected during the Redhat install.
gcc and g++ are required to compile apache and php. The system kernel and filesystem must support quotas. The kernel should
- Authority Level: You must have root access on the server.
- IP Addresses: At a bare minimum your server must have one IP address. However, for DNS control you
will need at least two (2) IP addresses. With only one IP address you will be forced to use an external DNS
service - this means web sites you create through the control panel will not propagate automatically.
Don't just take our word for it - visit cPanel's website to try out a
cPanel Demo of this
control panel! We also have indepth tutorials for users, you can see them by visiting our